With the holidays quickly approaching, loads of people will be traveling to be with friends or family. With the weather getting colder and more miles on your vehicle after this past year’s adventures, it might be time to get some work done on your car, truck or Jeep before traveling. Even Santa needs to get his sled worked on every once in a while. Power Trucks USA is here to give you a holiday travel checklist so you can get to where you need to go safely!
- Routine maintenance – Have you had your oil changed recently? If not, it might be time to change it before hitting the road. While getting your oil changed, you may also want to get a full fluid flush and change air filters. Making sure your routine maintenance is done before hitting the road will help your car stay safely on the road.
- Windshield Wipers – Is it time to have your windshield wipers replaced? Wet your windshield and turn on your wipers to check. If you’re getting a lot of streaks, it’s time for new wipers. As this season brings more rain and snow, having new windshield wipers are important so you can clearly see the road while traveling.
- Tires – People tend to ignore their tires until it is too late. It might be time for a tire rotation and alignment. Have you checked your air pressure recently? Making sure your tires are in good shape is extremely important when it comes to safety – especially as the roads get icy. You need traction, and you want to avoid blowouts so give your tires a look before hitting the road.
- Headlights – It could be time to change some of the bulbs in your headlights. If your lights aren’t shining as bright as they used to, now might be the time to put some new bulbs in. With it getting darker earlier, it’s important to make sure that your headlights are shining bright so you can see where you are going.
- Floor Mats – The weather can be unpredictable during the holidays so getting some new weather-tech floor mats will help keep the interior of your car clean from dirt, mud, snow or other debris from outside.
- Radio with Navigation – Getting a new radio with a navigation system is so important when traveling. The navigation system allows you to avoid constantly needing to look at your phone while driving, and with a new radio you can jam out to all your holiday tunes with the best sound quality while traveling!
- Car Wash – Getting a car wash is increasingly important in winter. With lots of salt and debris on the road in the winter getting a car wash can help prevent rust and other issues to the body of your car. So before and after you go on your trip it is important to get a car wash to help preserve the life of your vehicle.
Stop by your local Power Trucks USA to make sure you’ve checked off everything on the list. Contact us if you’re not sure what you need done before going on your trip. We are here to help!